This site has been deprecated. Please visit our new site National Men's Advisory Council 

Fight The Bias - Home


Typically Unreported Stories of Self Defense - Recorded here as it happens.

Did you happen to hear about any of these in the news?



This time it happened in Des Moines, Iowa. 

Tracy Roberts was at home alone with her three children.  Her youngest is just one year old.  Her oldest is eleven.  Suddenly two men entered the home and attacked Roberts.  They assaulted before she managed to get free and get her hands on her evil gun.

Now --- about Tracy Robertís gun.

(a)     The evil gun was in a home with three small children,

(b)     The evil gun was easily accessible to Tracy,

(c)     The evil gun wasnít locked away anywhere

(d)     The evil gun was loaded and ready to use.

Thanks to the four points listed above Tracy Roberts is alive today, and so are her children.  When Tracy grabbed the gun she managed to dispatch one of the predators to his rightful place in hell.  The other escaped and is being sought.

If the Ted Kennedys, Chuckie Schumers, Sarah Bradys and Diane Finesteins of this world had their way we would probably be reading about a woman found raped and murdered at home with her three kids.  You might even be reading about three dead children.

Way to go, Tracy. 





--D'iberville, Mississippi.  A low-life named Maurice Jackson decided he wanted to do a little home invasion.  So, last Wednesday morning, he forced his way into a house and tried to rob the occupants at gunpoint.  But they turned the tables on him and shot back.  Maurice Jackson was hospitalized with two gunshot wounds to his lower body.

--Jerusalem.  A Palestinian gunman opened fire on a bus in the French Hill section of northeast Jerusalem.  Two people were killed and more than 40 others were injured in the attack.  A civilian who was in a nearby car got out and shot the gunman.  He emptied an entire clip of ammunition into the predator.  After the gunman fell, two soldiers finished him off.

10-24-01   Seventy-eight year-old Monice Peterson of Franklin, Indiana, was sleeping in her bed early Sunday morning when she was awakened by the sound of someone pounding on her back door.  She grabbed her .25-caliber semiautomatic handgun and went to investigate.  She found a man kicking a hole in the wall next to the back door!

Peterson dialed 911.  While she was on the phone with the dispatcher, the man, Earl Feathers, made a hole big enough for him to enter.  He came inside the porch.  Peterson warned Feathers that if he came any closer she would shoot.

Feathers made a move towards her.  Peterson fired a single shot--and missed Feathers.  Feathers turned tail and tried to escape through the opening in the wall.  He wasnít fast enough.  When the Franklin police arrived as he was still there, trying to wriggle out of Monice Peterson's home.  Two policemen dragged Feathers out of the hole and handcuffed him.  Feathers was drunk and told officers he thought Peterson's home was his own.

Replay that scenario.  Imagine Monice Peterson was required by law to keep the ammunition in a separate place, or keep a trigger lock on the gun.  Worse yet, imagine what would have happened if she didn't have that gun.  Guns are the great equalizer.  The disparity of force between a drunken 200-pound man and an elderly woman vanishes if that woman is armed.

Monice Peterson is unharmed because she was armed and prepared for Earl Feathers' arrival.  She's okay because she didn't fall for the gun-grabbers' pleas for her to disarm "for the children."  She's okay because she took responsibility for her own safety.

If Monice Peterson had listened to anti-gun advocates, would she be alive today?



10-22-01  Mobile, Alabama.  39-year-old Tracy Torres of Hitchcock, Texas, was staying at a motel in Mobile on Thursday night when a man came into his room.  The man tried to rob Torres.  But Torres was prepared.  He pulled a gun and shot his attacker several times.  43-year-old Robert McNeil died a while later at a local hospital.  No charges were filed against Torres.

What if Tracy Torres didn't have that gun?  Worse yet--what if he had kept the ammunition in a separate place?  Would Robert McNeil have waited patiently while Torres loaded his gun?  Would he have paused for a moment while Torres removed a trigger lock from the weapon?  Of course not.  Torres is alive and unharmed today because he had quick access to a gun. 





10-16-01    Topeka, Kansas.  Shortly before 10 p.m. Sunday, two men and a woman knocked on the door of the house belonging to 21-year-old Hector Macias, Jr.  They forced their way inside and then proceeded to assault and rob two women and a man who were in the house.

Hector Macias was in a back room.  He grabbed his SKS rifle (an "assault rifle," according to the news report) and shot all three predators.  All of them fled, but two were picked up by an ambulance and another was driven to the hospital.

Unfortunately, all three are expected to survive their injuries.  And it looks like the police confiscated Macias' rifle.

Stories like this happen every day to about 7,000 Americans.  Now sit back and ask yourself: Why does your government want to disarm you when common criminals and terrorists are on the prowl?  


--Ridgeland, South Carolina.  An 88-year-old man heard someone outside his house early Friday morning.  He got out of bed and went to investigate, but he didn't find anyone.  So he went back to bed.  At around 3 a.m., he heard another noise.  This time he turned on the lights and yelled.  He got up and grabbed his .38-caliber revolver.  He saw someone trying to break in through the front door--and fired a shot through the door.  The would-be intruder was struck in the heart and staggered a short distance before collapsing in a heap.  He has reached room temperature.  He was found wearing a black shirt and latex gloves.  You might recall that South Carolina is the state where the attorney general, Charlie Condon, declared "open season" on home invaders and directed that citizens acting to defend their homes should not be arrested, charged, or prosecuted.

--Bryan, Texas.  Early Friday morning, 53-year-old Jack Mitchell heard noises coming from the carport of his home.  He picked up his 12-gauge shotgun and went outside to investigate.  Mitchell found a man looking through his things.  He told the intruder to stop or he'd shoot.  The intruder tried to escape by jumping onto the roof of the carport--but he failed.  Mitchell shot the suspect.  As he came around the side of the carport, Mitchell noticed a car driving slowly with its headlights off.  The two men in the car were the burglar's accomplices.  Mitchell held them at gunpoint until police arrived.  The would-be burglar was treated for a wound to his buttocks.  One of the occupants of the car was arrested on an unrelated forgery warrant.

--Chris and Tracy Cummings are alive today because they were armed on Monday night.

They'd been asleep for about three hours Monday night.  They awoke at 2 a.m. to the sound of someone kicking in their front door.  Thinking quickly, Chris grabbed the 9mm handgun he kept nearby.  The gun was a Christmas gift from Tracy.

That's when the suspects kicked in the bedroom door and started shooting.  Chris Cummings returned fire.  He emptied his first magazine and started another.  By the end of the shootout, about 30 rounds had been exchanged.  Tracy had been shot in the left shoulder.  The suspects ran.  Police don't think they were injured.

Tracy Cummings is recovering.  Police say the invaders were armed with an "assault rifle" and a .45-caliber handgun.  Chris Cummings told the Savannah Morning News, "I guess they weren't expecting firepower, or for me to have a weapon."  He thinks the attack was a case of mistaken identity.  Police say it's a clear-cut case of self-defense.

Now Ė Iím calling for some Savannah area firing range to give this some free lessons and some practice time.  Maybe the next time he can proudly display the body of a predator on his bedroom floor Ö instead of letting them  get away.


--It happened in Kansas City late Thursday night.  A 55-year-old man was driving on Highway 71 when he noticed that he was being followed.  He pulled off the road into the parking lot of a fire station and began honking his car horn.

As the driver honked his horn, a young man approached the car.  He had a pistol in his hand.  Well, our potential victim happened to be a security guard with a license to carry a gun.  He just simply drew his own weapon and shot the would-be carjacker right in his worthless head.  The carjacker is cooling on a slab.

This security guard didn't have to waste valuable seconds removing a trigger lock from his gun.  He didn't have to load his gun after unlocking it.  No silly-assed "gun safety" law would have helped him -- or prevented the criminal from using his own gun.  He's alive and safe because he had unrestricted access to a gun that was ready to aim and fire.  And--to the chagrin of the anti-gunners--he had a license to carry that pistol!

It happens about 7,000 times every single day.  An armed, would-be victim uses a gun to fend off an attacker.  In 98 percent of these cases the gun is never even fired.  This particular story made the news because the gun owner fired his weapon.  With spectacular and praiseworthy results, I might add.

--Aiken, South Carolina.  Last Thursday, Reginald Dewayne Wheeler went to the home of Conita Sims, his estranged girlfriend.  Wheeler was armed with a shotgun.  He demanded to enter.  When Sims wouldn't let him in, Wheeler blew the doorknob off the door.  But when he entered, he found Sims armed with a handgun.  Sims shot him several times.  He's in serious condition at
a local hospital.  The day before, Sims had filed a criminal domestic violence warrant for Wheeler's arrest.  The Aiken County Sheriff says Sims did the right thing, and no charges will be filed against her.

--Houston, Texas.  Early last Wednesday morning, two men and a woman forced their way into an apartment in southwest Houston.  24-year-old Alvin Allen, who was in the apartment at the time, grabbed his .357 Magnum handgun and shot at the intruders.  He hit 22-year-old Keith Warren Hines.  Hines is now taking an eternal nap; his accomplices fled the scene.

--Manchester, New Hampshire.  A man walked into Baroody's Market last Wednesday night.  He had a gun.  He pointed the gun at the two women behind the checkout counter--the sister and the wife of the store's owner--and demanded money.  But 73-year-old Robert Baroody was there, too, with his own .38-caliber revolver.  He told the gunman to hold it and fired two warning shots over the man's head.  The man ran off.

--Augusta, Georgia.  On Saturday, a man brandishing a pistol entered a Waffle House and demanded money from the cashier.  Unfortunately for the robber, the restaurant's security guard and an off-duty police officer were in the restaurant.  They drew their guns.  The off-duty cop shot at the robber, who then ran.  Another restaurant patron--a tattoo artist--helped police by drawing a sketch of the suspect.

--Also in Augusta, a man who robbed a convenience store on Saturday night was chased off by the clerk, who was armed with a semiautomatic handgun.

--Orange County, Florida.  David Tibbs owns an auto-repair shop there.  On Saturday, a customer walked in and asked Tibbs to repair the air conditioner in his car.  Tibbs told him it would cost $20.  The customer, Raymond Morris, got upset and cursed at Tibbs.  Tibbs asked him to leave, but Morris refused and they argued.  Morris left, got a piece of wood from his car, and went back inside after Tibbs.  He punched Tibbs once in the eye and nose.  That's when Tibbs pulled out a .25-caliber handgun and shot Morris once in the face.  Morris is in stable condition.  Tibbs said he feared for his life.


Resources    Archives    Mission    Quotes    News    Links    New Items    Site Guide

Contact Us     Privacy Policy



Student web gratuitously hosted by AVAREN .COM


Please visit our sponsors

Computer Services Dallas Tx - Computer IT Services Dallas-Fort Worth

Contact DFW's IT Department